Did Beyonce And Rihanna Bleach Their Skin White?
The question is this, and it's a bit of a gossipy type of thing to write an article about, but did Rihanna and Beyonce (among many others) bleach or whiten their skin?
The answer is obviously yes, and here are a few photos to prove what I'm talking about. To start with, let's take a look at a before and after shot of Beyonce's skin:
This photo not only shows a dramatic difference in skin color, but also apparently shows evidence of a nose job, which is getting off the subject a bit.
This isn't the most flattering photo anyway, but it shows a very pronounced difference in the skin tone of Beyonce in only a few years.
Regardless if she looks like a blond haired white girl sitting next to Jay Z her husband, you can't deny that she is one of the most successful ladies in music generally, or for that matter in life generally, and so whether you think the bleaching of the skin was a good idea or a bad idea, it certainly did nothing to hold her back from stardom.
Rihanna Skin Bleaching
Now to get to the photos of Rihanna and her skin bleaching treatments, the before and after pictures will show exactly how she changed. By the way, I'm not trying to say that lighter or whiter skin is better, or more beautiful, it's just something that happens in Hollywood, from Michael Jackson, to Beyonce to Rihanna, to news anchors, movie stars, porn stars, just regular every day people, in fact skin lightening is a huge industry.
This photo shows a pretty dramatic change in just one year from being a totally dark skinned African woman to being almost completely Caucasian in appearance.
It hasn't affected her fame, in fact some would actually argue that she was told to do this by experts in the music industry who argued that a woman of that dark a skin color could not be as much of a smash hit on the charts as a woman with lighter skin.
It could be argued that president Obama could not have entered the white house if he had completely black skin, it's just too much of a difference to make white people completely comfortable, even on a sub-conscious level.
There are many reasons why people use these skin bleaching products, and you can learn more about the actual process from this informative Wikipedia page on skin whitening.
Most of the over the counter or online brands use either glycolic acid, arbutin, or Kojic acid, and all of these things are safe, it's just a matter of finding a trustworthy company to buy from, who provide the right sort of support and directions on how to apply the cream. Olay makes skin whitening products as do other companies.
You can go to a cosmetic surgeon to get these products applied, although that can cost a lot of money. You can see a doctor and get a prescription cream, but that usually leaves you with a cream with an active ingredient which is not safe to be prescribed without a prescription, such as hydroquinone.
There are home remedies, but you must be aware that for the most part, they are either a waste of time, or even dangerous or deadly. You must do your homework carefully, choose a company that provides a quality product, and learn what results you can expect from using the cream over an extended period of time, and how to apply it correctly to get the best results. The links on this page should help you find out this information.
Do you love lemonade, or lime juice? Do you know that there are other things a small lime can do to you? Hmmm, let me think? You use it for your marinate. You also use it for your broth when you cook pork or fish and you want a sour broth, am I right? But, is that all a lime can do to you? NO!
At night, you can apply the lime juice unto your face. Cut it into two, squeeze it, you can put a small amount of oatmeal, mix them together and apply it to your face. You can leave it for 30 minutes then wash it, no soap just water. You can do it alternately. It would not leave your skin dry but smoothen it.
Since limes have antibiotic properties, lime can also help with acne and pimples. The juice of a lime can help inhibit the growth of the bacteria that causes acne, and cleanses the skin of bacteria. Making a pack with lime juice and honey can be very useful with the treatment of acne and pimples. The using of honey is because honey has antibacterial properties. Since lime also contains astringent properties, limes can also tighten the skin and reduce the production of oil that also can cause acne and pimples.
Having problems with your knees? Is it darker than your skin tone? Cut a lime into two, and then rub each halves to your knees. You can do it anytime, before taking a shower or even if you are watching TV, but do not forget to rinse it if you do not want a dry skin.
You do not want to use shampoo on your hair everyday. You can use the lime skin. Rub it to your hair before you take a bath. You can do it an hour before bathe. It will leave your hair smooth and silky.
Another one that is amazing with this tiny little lime is you can use it to whiten your armpit. You do not have to go to a salon or derma experts or undergo skin whitening surgical processes or whatsoever. You can do it in your own home. Cut the lime into halves (it is understood), rub the lime unto your pit (rub it gently so it won't hurt your skin). Leave it for 30 minutes. Do it before taking a shower or a bath.
In the kitchen, you can use lime as hand sanitizer or deodorizer. After cooking or after doing the dishes (if you do not have dishwasher), you can squeeze one lime. Put it in a small bowl and wash your hands with the pure lime juice, then you can wash your hand with water (no need for a hand soap or soap bar).
As you can see, limes, the skin and the juice can help with many types of skin and health problems, anything from skin, hair, skin blemishes and much more.
You saved money yet you still feel good yourself. Hope this helps a little.
For some people skin whitening assumes importance because they need to even out their skin tone. For other people, it could be for a reason as simple as removing skin tan. Whatever be the reason, these five remedies will help you get back your original skin color.
- Milk and lemon skin bleach: Take a glass of boiled milk. Add the juice of one lemon or lime to it. Let it sit for a few minutes. Soon after, the milk will curdle because of the acids in the lemon or lime. Once this happens, add half a teaspoon of glycerin to the mixture. Apply this mixture all over the body and especially on areas that you wish to lighten. Lactic acid in the milk along with the citric acids in the lemon juice will help whiten and brighten your skin safely.
- Egg white and honey mask: Take one egg and separate the egg yolk and the egg white. Add in a teaspoon of honey to the egg white and whisk the mixture gently until it becomes slightly firm. Apply this mixture to the face, avoiding the delicate eye area. Keep the mask on until it dries or the skin starts feeling taut. Take a damp washcloth and dab over the face until the mask starts softening. Rinse with warm water and splash cold water afterwards to close the pores. Egg white tightens the skin and gently removes tan while honey is a natural moisturizer and antiseptic.
- Cucumber egg white mask: Take one cucumber and extract the juice in a blender without removing the cucumber skin. To this juice, add in one egg white and blend again. Apply this mask to all areas of the skin that you wish to lighten. Leave it on for about 15-20 minutes and wash off. Cucumber is an excellent skin whitener and the egg white removes blackheads and whiteheads while tightening skin at the same time.
- Potato juice: Take a potato and peel off the skin. Grate the potato and then extract the juice. Apply this juice to the face and any other areas you wish to lighten. Potato juice acts as a mild skin bleach. Remove the juice after 15-20 minutes by rinsing with cool water. Do this treatment twice a day for about a month and then repeat once a week for best results.
- Tomato yoghurt mask: Take a tomato and pulverize it in the blender. To this juice and pulp, add in about two tablespoons of plain unsweetened yoghurt. Greek yoghurt is the best choice as it is thick and in its most natural form. Apply this mixture to the affected areas of the skin and leave it on 15 minutes. Rinse with cold water. Yoghurt has lactic acid, which naturally lightens skin and tomato contains lycopene, which has been known to prevent sun burn while lightening skin.
Please note, all these are herbal treatments and hence need to be carried out consistently in order to see results. However, since these treatments do not contain any chemicals, they are perfectly safe for the skin.
Oh no! I placed too much self tanner all over my body and now I look like a big orange what can I do? Self tanning lotions can get quite tricky with some, because if the self tanner is clear you really don’t know how much you’re really placing onto your skin until 3 hours later. By that time it’s too late to try to adjust the color or scrub it off, because the color has already soaked into your skin. Is there a way to remove the Orange tint from the self tanner or lighten it up without causing any harm to my skin?
Yes, there are actually a few home remedies you can use to remove the self tanner from your skin without causing any harm. One way to remove the Orange color from your skin is by using baby oil mixed with warm water. Fill up your bathtub half way with hot water. Make sure the water is hot enough that you see steams coming out, but not to the point where you will burn your skin. Then add a ½ bottle of natural organic baby oil to the bath tub. Mix this up. Place the part of your body that is Orange from the self tanner into the tub mixture. If the body part happens to be your face, belly, or chest then mix this mixture into a big bucket. Take a wash rag and totally drench it into this mix place onto skin. Leave this on your skin for 20 minutes. Then do this 3 more times following the same procedure with the wash rag. If you are trying to get rid of or lighten up the self tanner on your whole body place yourself into the tub mixture sit for 30 minutes. This mixture will lighten up the Orange tint, fix blotch streaks, and make your skin feel real soft.
The next home remedy to remove self tanner or get rid of the orange color is by using lemon and lime wedges. Cut up 2 lemon wedges, and 2 lemon wedges. Start squeezing the lemon wedge directly onto the desired area to be treated. Try not to get the juice anywhere else by placing a towel around the area to cover the other exposed skin that’s not being treated. Once you squeezed the lemon onto the area now start rubbing the lemon on the area for 4 minutes. Rinse off with cool water then do the same procedure with the lime. When you are totally done with all 4 wedges rinse off with warm water to wash away any residue. Then apply a cool rinse.
Third tip for removing self tanner is by using lemon juice mixed with kosher salt. Mix ½ cup of lemon juice with ½ cup of kosher salt. Mix this up. Then wear gloves and apply directly to the desired area. For best results use a loofa to scrub the mixture on with. Scrub for 10 minutes. Then rinse off with cool water.
Other ways of removing self tanners are baking soda with vinegar, baby wipes, vodka with toothpaste, or use a scrubber and scrub your skin gently for a few minutes to get the top layer of skin to come off.