Different Ways To Lighten Your Skin Tone
You may or may not realise, but there are a lot of famous people who have been using skin whitening creams or bleaching treatments to make their skin tone lighter.
Some of the famous Hollywood celebrities who bleach their skin include Beyonce, Rihanna, Michael Jackson, and many others, especially African Americans.
It's not just a new trend though, it's been a cultural thing for years in Africa and Asia. It's seen as being more beautiful for women to have light skin, because it shows that they have higher breeding, or it's a status symbol, because they don't get a dark tan from working out in the fields all day.
It's also been popular in the west, such as in medieval England. Queen Victoria for example used a powerful bleaching powder on her face, which many people say poisoned her.
There are poisonous substances for sale on the internet today, particularly from Asia and Africa that you have to be wary of, as a lot of those products contain mercury.
You should only buy a product once you know what is in it, and that means you first have to a little research on what skin lightening chemicals are safe to use, and which aren't.
Active Ingredients In Skin Lightening Creams
There are many different ways to bleach your skin, and you have to be careful to avoid anything that has mercury in it, or hydroquinone is another chemical that has terrible side effects when used long term.
You cannot trust that a substance will work if you swallow it, because it's more than likely just going to make you very sick, and bleach your insides. In fact almost certainly.
The other thing is, you will not want to buy a substance that just has a little bit of fruit juice in it as the active ingredient. Vitamin C has been shown to have some effect on lightening the skin, but it doesn't produce really dramatic results, it's quite a weak thing, and diluted in fruit juice, and in a cream, it would have no effect at all.
What you want to look for is a cream with either arbutin, glycolic acid, kojic acid, or something that has no harmful side effects. You can take a look on the Wikipedia page to see all the most well known skin whitening chemicals, and descriptions of what they do.
You may possibly find home remedies for skin whitening that work, or you may possibly find cheap products from Asia that work without harmful side effects and for a cheap price, but generally speaking, you want to avoid those, and find a trusted, established country in the west, as they have to stick to FDA regulations, which are more stringent.
Do you love lemonade, or lime juice? Do you know that there are other things a small lime can do to you? Hmmm, let me think? You use it for your marinate. You also use it for your broth when you cook pork or fish and you want a sour broth, am I right? But, is that all a lime can do to you? NO!
At night, you can apply the lime juice unto your face. Cut it into two, squeeze it, you can put a small amount of oatmeal, mix them together and apply it to your face. You can leave it for 30 minutes then wash it, no soap just water. You can do it alternately. It would not leave your skin dry but smoothen it.
Since limes have antibiotic properties, lime can also help with acne and pimples. The juice of a lime can help inhibit the growth of the bacteria that causes acne, and cleanses the skin of bacteria. Making a pack with lime juice and honey can be very useful with the treatment of acne and pimples. The using of honey is because honey has antibacterial properties. Since lime also contains astringent properties, limes can also tighten the skin and reduce the production of oil that also can cause acne and pimples.
Having problems with your knees? Is it darker than your skin tone? Cut a lime into two, and then rub each halves to your knees. You can do it anytime, before taking a shower or even if you are watching TV, but do not forget to rinse it if you do not want a dry skin.
You do not want to use shampoo on your hair everyday. You can use the lime skin. Rub it to your hair before you take a bath. You can do it an hour before bathe. It will leave your hair smooth and silky.
Another one that is amazing with this tiny little lime is you can use it to whiten your armpit. You do not have to go to a salon or derma experts or undergo skin whitening surgical processes or whatsoever. You can do it in your own home. Cut the lime into halves (it is understood), rub the lime unto your pit (rub it gently so it won't hurt your skin). Leave it for 30 minutes. Do it before taking a shower or a bath.
In the kitchen, you can use lime as hand sanitizer or deodorizer. After cooking or after doing the dishes (if you do not have dishwasher), you can squeeze one lime. Put it in a small bowl and wash your hands with the pure lime juice, then you can wash your hand with water (no need for a hand soap or soap bar).
As you can see, limes, the skin and the juice can help with many types of skin and health problems, anything from skin, hair, skin blemishes and much more.
You saved money yet you still feel good yourself. Hope this helps a little.
For some people skin whitening assumes importance because they need to even out their skin tone. For other people, it could be for a reason as simple as removing skin tan. Whatever be the reason, these five remedies will help you get back your original skin color.
- Milk and lemon skin bleach: Take a glass of boiled milk. Add the juice of one lemon or lime to it. Let it sit for a few minutes. Soon after, the milk will curdle because of the acids in the lemon or lime. Once this happens, add half a teaspoon of glycerin to the mixture. Apply this mixture all over the body and especially on areas that you wish to lighten. Lactic acid in the milk along with the citric acids in the lemon juice will help whiten and brighten your skin safely.
- Egg white and honey mask: Take one egg and separate the egg yolk and the egg white. Add in a teaspoon of honey to the egg white and whisk the mixture gently until it becomes slightly firm. Apply this mixture to the face, avoiding the delicate eye area. Keep the mask on until it dries or the skin starts feeling taut. Take a damp washcloth and dab over the face until the mask starts softening. Rinse with warm water and splash cold water afterwards to close the pores. Egg white tightens the skin and gently removes tan while honey is a natural moisturizer and antiseptic.
- Cucumber egg white mask: Take one cucumber and extract the juice in a blender without removing the cucumber skin. To this juice, add in one egg white and blend again. Apply this mask to all areas of the skin that you wish to lighten. Leave it on for about 15-20 minutes and wash off. Cucumber is an excellent skin whitener and the egg white removes blackheads and whiteheads while tightening skin at the same time.
- Potato juice: Take a potato and peel off the skin. Grate the potato and then extract the juice. Apply this juice to the face and any other areas you wish to lighten. Potato juice acts as a mild skin bleach. Remove the juice after 15-20 minutes by rinsing with cool water. Do this treatment twice a day for about a month and then repeat once a week for best results.
- Tomato yoghurt mask: Take a tomato and pulverize it in the blender. To this juice and pulp, add in about two tablespoons of plain unsweetened yoghurt. Greek yoghurt is the best choice as it is thick and in its most natural form. Apply this mixture to the affected areas of the skin and leave it on 15 minutes. Rinse with cold water. Yoghurt has lactic acid, which naturally lightens skin and tomato contains lycopene, which has been known to prevent sun burn while lightening skin.
Please note, all these are herbal treatments and hence need to be carried out consistently in order to see results. However, since these treatments do not contain any chemicals, they are perfectly safe for the skin.
Oh no! I placed too much self tanner all over my body and now I look like a big orange what can I do? Self tanning lotions can get quite tricky with some, because if the self tanner is clear you really don’t know how much you’re really placing onto your skin until 3 hours later. By that time it’s too late to try to adjust the color or scrub it off, because the color has already soaked into your skin. Is there a way to remove the Orange tint from the self tanner or lighten it up without causing any harm to my skin?
Yes, there are actually a few home remedies you can use to remove the self tanner from your skin without causing any harm. One way to remove the Orange color from your skin is by using baby oil mixed with warm water. Fill up your bathtub half way with hot water. Make sure the water is hot enough that you see steams coming out, but not to the point where you will burn your skin. Then add a ½ bottle of natural organic baby oil to the bath tub. Mix this up. Place the part of your body that is Orange from the self tanner into the tub mixture. If the body part happens to be your face, belly, or chest then mix this mixture into a big bucket. Take a wash rag and totally drench it into this mix place onto skin. Leave this on your skin for 20 minutes. Then do this 3 more times following the same procedure with the wash rag. If you are trying to get rid of or lighten up the self tanner on your whole body place yourself into the tub mixture sit for 30 minutes. This mixture will lighten up the Orange tint, fix blotch streaks, and make your skin feel real soft.
The next home remedy to remove self tanner or get rid of the orange color is by using lemon and lime wedges. Cut up 2 lemon wedges, and 2 lemon wedges. Start squeezing the lemon wedge directly onto the desired area to be treated. Try not to get the juice anywhere else by placing a towel around the area to cover the other exposed skin that’s not being treated. Once you squeezed the lemon onto the area now start rubbing the lemon on the area for 4 minutes. Rinse off with cool water then do the same procedure with the lime. When you are totally done with all 4 wedges rinse off with warm water to wash away any residue. Then apply a cool rinse.
Third tip for removing self tanner is by using lemon juice mixed with kosher salt. Mix ½ cup of lemon juice with ½ cup of kosher salt. Mix this up. Then wear gloves and apply directly to the desired area. For best results use a loofa to scrub the mixture on with. Scrub for 10 minutes. Then rinse off with cool water.
Other ways of removing self tanners are baking soda with vinegar, baby wipes, vodka with toothpaste, or use a scrubber and scrub your skin gently for a few minutes to get the top layer of skin to come off.