Simple Remedies for Pimple NuisanceSkin & Body Care
Pimples are great nuisance of adulthood. They are a common process of nature. Although a pimple is not a serious disease it causes unnecessary anxiety and problems among teens. Here are some simple remedies for curing the pimples.
A pimple is generally an adolescent problem, affecting both boys and girls. The exposure of a pimpled face causes great anxiety among the growing teens. They feel shy to face their friends and others with such a pimpled face. Although pimples are generally found on face, they may also be rarely seen on neck and shoulders.
A pimple has a great impact on the growth of teens since it affects their sociability. It may affect them psychologically also by reducing their self confidence and self esteem.
What are pimples?
Pimples are a kind of inflammation or lesion that develops on the skin. The oil glands or sebaceous glands of the skin are infected by bacteria and cause growth of pimples. They may grow into different shapes and sizes. The experts of dermatology say that pimples occur in the human body due to some irritation caused by pollution or environmental changes. Pimples are not infectious or contagious. They can be cured by home remedies and keeping the body hygienic.
Some simple remedies for pimple nuisance
1) Diet has an important role in causing and healing pimples. Modern fast foods may cause pimple occurrence. A healthy diet is very essential to prevent the growth of pimples. Consumption of vegetables and fresh fruits is very good for the healthy maintenance of skin as well as the other parts of the body. It is very important to add vitamin rich foods in diet to reduce the adverse effects of pimple or acne. Minerals in such foods can control over secretion of hormones that cause pimple growth.
2) The astringent property of lemon juice can absorb the oil from the skin and make the pimple shrink. The vitamin C content in lemon brings a faster healing of pimples. You may apply fresh lemon juice on face and keep it for the night.
3) Peppermint helps faster elimination of pimples. Menthol in peppermint reduces irritation and other adverse effects of pimples. Menthol has antibacterial properties that heal pimples and also prevent their growth.
4) A paste of cinnamon and honey has been very effective in controlling pimples. A mixture of half a teaspoon cinnamon powder in honey can be applied on pimples and be washed after an hour in warm water. Both honey and cinnamon have antibacterial properties to prevent infection.
5) Steaming the face is the best remedy for healing pimples. It is a very easy remedy available at any time. Just take a cup of hot water and make the steam spread on your face where you have pimples. Steaming opens the pores in the skin and allows the skin to breathe. This clears the bacterial infections.
Pimples need not discourage the modern teenagers since there are many remedies to prevent them and cure them. Maintaining the body hygienic can prevent and protect you from pimples.